ArtisTree and Purple Crayon started classes this week - just in time to take the chill off from the winter weather! There are some great options for indoor play and creation including Kids Yoga, Arts and Clay for Tots, Ballet, Music Together and more!
We are not the only ones focusing on fun things to do inside, Mitzi Cunningham from the Daily UV complied this awesome list of activities around the Upper Valley. With all these options, we won't want winter to ever end! Well...at least for a few months ;)
Indoor Activities Around the Upper Valley
Weekend Wanderers : Mitzi Cunningham
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
It can be tricky finding something to do indoors throughout the long winter. There are some days that just feel too cold for outdoor activities. When you start to feel a little stir crazy, head out to one of these fun spots.
Let's start with the FREE activities:
- Visit the Hood Museum of Art in Hanover, NH. This is a great, small museum and it's never been very busy when we've gone during the day.
- The Family Place hosts playgroups for children (ages birth-5) on Monday and Friday.
- Darmouth has a great Life Sciences Greenhouse. Pack a lunch, bring a card game and enjoy the warmth of the greenhouse.
- Attend a library story time. We really enjoy the story times in Lebanon, NH, Hartford, VT and Norwich, VT. We also enjoy visiting the Norwich, VT library to play in their fantastic library room. It is away from other library users and there is a plethora of toys.
- The HOP in Hanover, NH also hosts free performances as part of their HOPSTOP Family Shows.
- Visit LaValley in West Lebanon, NH and explore their train display on the second floor.
- The Windsor, VT Recreation Center hosts a Tiny Tots Playgroup Thursday mornings from 9:30-11:00am.
- The Home Depot in West Lebanon, NH offers free Kid Workshops on the first Saturday of every month. They supply the kids with the materials to build something and they even provide adorable orange aprons.
Activities that charge a (usually small) fee:
- We love to go to Ziggy's Pizza for lunch. They also happen to be revamping their kids area. We buy some pizza or french fries and let the kids run around by the arcade games while the adults enjoy some conversation. It's a win-win!
- The RW Black Recreation Center in Hanover, NH hosts a Bounce House for kids on Monday and Thursday.
- The Ava Gallery in Lebanon, NH hosts CAOS (Community Arts Open Studio) for children on Saturdays and toddlers on Friday.
- Oh, Art! in White River Junction, VT has Open Studio Saturdays which costs $5/family. Bring your kids and have fun creating without having to clean up the mess.
- The Upper Valley Aquatic Center is a fun place to spend the day swimming indoors.
- The Montshire Museum is such a great place to play. They host different programs throughout the week or you can just go and explore on your own. You can buy a membership and find entertainment there year round.
- Check out the Tot Lot at the CCBA in Lebanon, NH ($4/child or $8/family).
- A great place to go for creative entertainment is ArtisTree in South Pomfret, VT. They offer several different classes for children. There's something for everyone - ballet, art, free play, etc.
If you have a favorite indoor spot in the area, and want to add it to the list, visit Daily UV! https://dailyuv.com/news/819802